Fredericksburg Area Chapter
Retail Partnership - The Fredericksburg Chapter of the VTAA has partnered with an online retailer, Tradition, to offer discounts on officially licensed Virginia Tech apparel to Hokies. In addition to Tradition providing a 15% discount on your purchase, they will donate 15% of the net sale to our Chapter's Scholarship Fund. To take advantage of this offer, just visit traditioneversince.com and enter the code VTALUM as your discount code during the checkout process. If you have any questions about this partnership, please contact Scott Mason (email@example.com).
2018 Scholarships - Our chapter will once again be giving several scholarships to upcoming freshmen who have been accepted and plan to enroll at Virginia Tech for the Fall 2018 semester. To access the application, please click here. Your application must be submitted no later than Friday, May 4, 2018. Should you have any questions, please contact our Scholarship Committee Chair, Addison Pock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dennis Hundley Scholarship - Dennis Hundley graduated from Virginia Tech in 2011 and died the next day from cancer. His family has established a scholarship in his memory. For more information, please click here.. The deadline for applying is April 19.
We are happy to announce that you can now make a tax-free contribution to the Fredericksburg Area Chapter Scholarship Fund through the Virginia Tech Foundation. Your contribution will help us to continue to give scholarships to area high school seniors who will be continuing their education at Virginia Tech. Please click here to make an online contribution or for information about how to contribute by check.
Did you know that we maintain an online Hokie Business Directory for the Fredericksburg area? If you're a Hokie (or related to a Hokie) and want to get your business listed, the "how to" information is on the directory web page. We are currently offering this service for free.
We now have a group page on Facebook. You can visit our page and join us by clicking on the Facebook logo. You can also follow us on Twitter at @FxbgHokies.
Please help us keep you informed about Virginia Tech and the Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the VTAA by letting us know your email address. Click here to get on our email list. This is a confidential list, and your e-mail address will not be shared. Only Hokie related mail will be sent.
CANCELLED -- April 7 (Saturday) -- The Big Event -- IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! -- Because of the forecast for inclement weather, we have canceled both of our events scheduled for Saturday, April 7th! We are hoping to reschedule at least one of the projects, so stay tuned for more information!
- Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (9-11 AM) -- We will be sorting and organizing donations. Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is located at 4701 Market Street, Fredericksburg. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please contact Jamie Marshall (email@example.com). A "Volunteer Form" must be signed to participate. You can download it here and bring it with you, or forms will be available at Goodwill.
- S.E.R.V.E. "Stuff the Truck" Food Drive (10 AM - 4 PM) -- We are partnering with S.E.R.V.E. (Stafford Emergency Relief through Volunteer Efforts) to collect non-perishable food items and other essential needs at Giant Food, 35 Town & Country Drive, Stafford. We will have three two-hour shifts and need at least two volunteers per shift, but as always, the more the merrier! If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please contact John Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
April 16 (Monday) -- Day of Remembrance Event -- We will once again be cooking and serving dinner at the Thurman Brisben Center. We will also be collecting supplies for the Center. For all the details, including how to make a donation, please click here.
May 9 (Wednesday) -- Scholarship Application Evaluation -- We will be meeting in downtown Fredericksburg in the evening to evaluate the applications we received for our 2018 Chapter scholarships. For all the details, including time and location, and to volunteer to help, please contact our Scholarship Committee Chair, Addison Pock (email@example.com).
May 17 (Thursday, 6:00-8:00 PM) -- Art After Hours -- Join us at Gari Melchers Home and Studio in Falmouth for an evening of free music with Fredericksburg's Karen Jonas. Enjoy beer and wine from Stafford County's 6 Bears & A Goat Brewing Company and Potomac Point Vineyard and Winery. Juan More Taco FXBG and The Zesty Adventurer will be here selling their delicious food. You can also visit the studio and galleries of American artist Gari Melchers, and admission is FREE. Stop by our table to talk about the Chapter. We hope to have some Hokie swag to give away.
June 4 (Monday) -- Chapter Meeting & Dinner -- Join us for our regular bi-monthly Chapter meeting at Home Team Grill, located in Eagle Village, across Route One from UMW's campus. We have a private room reserved, and will have dinner at 6:00 PM, followed by our Chapter meeting at 7:00 PM. Please come out and learn how to get more involved with your Chapter!
June 9 (Saturday) -- Brewery and Distillery Tour - Details are being finalized and will be posted here.
August 5 (Sunday) -- Welcome Freshmen Crabfest and Picnic - Details are being finalized and will be posted here.
Pictures from Previous Events (click on the date)
- Day of Remembrance - April 16, 2014
- The Big Event - April 5, 2014 -- April 6, 2013
- Orange & Maroon Tour Event -- May 1, 2013 -- May 10, 2012 -- May 11, 2011
- HFFI Candlelight Tour -- December 11-12, 2010
- Football Season Kick-Off Event at Splitsville -- August 19, 2010
- Wine Tours -- March 29, 2014 -- March 26, 2011 -- March 27, 2010 -- March 21, 2009 -- March 15, 2008
- Crab Fests & Picnics -- August 4, 2013 -- August 7, 2011 -- August 8, 2010 -- August 2, 2009 -- August 3, 2008
Virginia Tech - www.vt.edu
Virginia Tech Admissions Information - www.vt.edu/apply/
Virginia Tech Youtube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/VirginiaTech
Virginia Tech Alumni Association (VTAA) - www.alumni.vt.edu
VTAA - Hokie Nation Serves - www.alumni.vt.edu/hokienationserves/
VTAA - Career Resources - www.alumni.vt.edu/career/
VT Bugle Archives - spec.lib.vt.edu/archives/bugle/
Virginia Tech - We Remember - www.weremember.vt.edu/
The Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association serves the City of Fredericksburg, and the counties of King George, Caroline, Stafford, and Spotsylvania. The basic purpose of our chapter is to:
- Provide an important link between alumni and the university
- Promote the image and reputation of Virginia Tech within the community
- Promote strong positive relationships among alumni, students, parents and others within the community
- Support the activities of Virginia Tech and work toward the realization of the university's educational goals
- Provide the university with a strong core of alumni volunteers who serve as an important marketing arm of the university
- Promote the Hokie spirit of Virginia Tech
The Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association is part of an international network of Virginia Tech alumni and friends. For more information on Hokies in your area, visit the Alumni Association Site at www.alumni.vt.edu
Become involved! We need your help, your ideas, and your opinions to make our chapter truly fantastic. Upcoming planned service opportunities are listed below. We will post details about them in the Events section of this page when details become available.
If you have questions or comments, or ideas for service projects or fund raisers, contact our Chapter President, John Palmer.
TechSideLine.com (not affiliated with Virginia Tech)
Web Site Info
Date of Last Update - April 9, 2018
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning this web page, please contact our Social Media Coordinator, Frank Eak.
Page views since we rehosted our web site (November 23, 2008).