Fredericksburg Area Chapter
2016 Scholarship Information
Each year, the Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association awards scholarships to deserving high school seniors from our area who will enter Virginia Tech as freshmen in the fall. The criteria used for selecting scholarship winners include academic achievement, active participation in school activities and community volunteer activities. Those interested in being considered should complete this application and submit it using the instructions included on the application.
Did you know that we maintain an online Hokie Business Directory for the Fredericksburg area? We don't have many businesses listed yet, but we hope the directory will grow as more people find out that it is available. If you're a Hokie (or related to a Hokie) and want to get your business listed, the "how to" information is on the directory web page. We are planning for this to be FREE during a trial period, and then possibly cost $25 a year. This would support our scholarship fund and other chapter activities.
We now have a group page on Facebook. You can visit our page and join us by clicking on the Facebook logo. You can also follow us on Twitter at @FxbgHokies.
Please help us keep you informed about Virginia Tech and the Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the VTAA by letting us know your email address. Click here to get on our email list. This is a confidential list, and your e-mail address will not be shared. Only Hokie related mail will be sent.
February 4th (10:00 AM) -- Hokies Honoring our Fallen Heroes -- Wreaths Across America will be holding their cleanup event at Oak Hill Cemetery (1902 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401) to properly dispose of the Christmas wreaths that were donated by the community. This is a family friendly event! Please dress appropriately for the weather (including Hokie gear!) and bring work gloves. Trash bags will be provided.
February 6th -- Chapter Meeting & Dinner -- Join us for our regular bi-monthly Chapter meeting at Home Team Grill, located in Eagle Village, across Route One from UMW's campus. We have a private room reserved, and will have dinner at 6:00 PM, followed by our Chapter meeting at 7:00 PM. Please come out and learn how to get more involved with your Chapter!
Pictures from Previous Events (click on the date)
- Day of Remembrance - April 16, 2014
- The Big Event - April 5, 2014 -- April 6, 2013
- Orange & Maroon Tour Event -- May 1, 2013 -- May 10, 2012 -- May 11, 2011
- HFFI Candlelight Tour -- December 11-12, 2010
- Football Season Kick-Off Event at Splitsville -- August 19, 2010
- Wine Tours -- March 29, 2014 -- March 26, 2011 -- March 27, 2010 -- March 21, 2009 -- March 15, 2008
- Crab Fests & Picnics -- August 4, 2013 -- August 7, 2011 -- August 8, 2010 -- August 2, 2009 -- August 3, 2008
Virginia Tech - www.vt.edu
Virginia Tech Admissions Information - www.vt.edu/apply/
Virginia Tech Youtube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/VirginiaTech
Virginia Tech Alumni Association (VTAA) - www.alumni.vt.edu
VTAA - Hokie Nation Serves - www.alumni.vt.edu/hokienationserves/
VTAA - Career Resources - www.alumni.vt.edu/career/
VT Bugle Archives - spec.lib.vt.edu/archives/bugle/
Virginia Tech - We Remember - www.weremember.vt.edu/
Hokies Thank the World - www.vt.edu/thank_the_world/
The Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association serves the City of Fredericksburg, and the counties of King George, Caroline, Stafford, and Spotsylvania. The basic purpose of our chapter is to:
- Provide an important link between alumni and the university
- Promote the image and reputation of Virginia Tech within the community
- Promote strong positive relationships among alumni, students, parents and others within the community
- Support the activities of Virginia Tech and work toward the realization of the university's educational goals
- Provide the university with a strong core of alumni volunteers who serve as an important marketing arm of the university
- Promote the Hokie spirit of Virginia Tech
The Fredericksburg Area Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association is part of an international network of Virginia Tech alumni and friends. For more information on Hokies in your area, visit the Alumni Association Site at www.alumni.vt.edu
Become involved! We need your help, your ideas, and your opinions to make our chapter truly fantastic. Upcoming planned service opportunities are listed below. We will post details about them in the Events section of this page when details become available.
If you have questions or comments, or ideas for service projects or fund raisers, contact our Chapter President, Frank Eak.
TechSideLine.com (not affiliated with Virginia Tech)
Web Site Info
Date of Last Update - January 12, 2017
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning this web page, please contact our Social Media Coordinator, John Palmer.
Page views since we rehosted our web site (November 23, 2008).